Defense vs Position (DVP) is shown in terms of fantasy points conceded above (+) or below (-) a players season average (games where players have seen less than 50% time on ground have been excluded). For example, a DVP of +10.0 would indicate that that team allows an opposing player to score 10 points above their average.
The +/- value has an associated % value in brackets which indicates the percentage of players that have scored at or above their average.
Positions in the DVP table have been classified by using a clustering algorithm which groups similar players. Refer to the glossary below for further explanation of each position.
Top 3 rated DVP matchups per position are highlighted in green, alternatively the bottom 3 are highlighted in red.
Users can choose DVP over the last 10 games (default) or last 5 games by using the links provided.
* KEY FWD: Key Forward which is fairly explanatory but also includes smaller forwards who are heavy goal scorers
* GEN FWD: General Forward encompasses small/medium forwards aswell as half forwards that push up the ground from time to time
* INS MID: Inside Midfielders are your centre bounce midfielders
* RUCK: Ruck needs no further explanation
* WNG DEF: includes both Wing and Attacking Defenders who push up the ground
* GEN DEF: General Defender includes key defenders and general defenders that aren’t classified as Attacking Defenders above or Designated Kickers below
* DES KCK: Designated Kicker refers to players who either take the majority of their team’s kick-ins after opposition goals or are the preferred set-up player from defensive 50. These players could also be classified as GEN DEF or WNG DEF but have been given their own classification considering their fantasy scoring is affected by opposition shots on goal.